Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default I told you so: Taliban winning in Afghanistan

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , David
Nebenzahl wrote:
On 8/10/2009 3:36 PM Doug Miller spake thus:

In article ,
David

Nebenzahl wrote:

I don't disagree with you, only to say that we have as much
business being in Afghanistan as we did in Iraq (which is to say,
for the reading-between-the-lines-impaired, none).

Were you paying attention to the news on 11 September 2001?

Gee, and all this time I thought we were attacked by some people from
something called al Qaeda, not by the Taliban. When did the Taliban
attack us?

Clearly you were *not* paying attention. Come back after you've
educated
yourself on the relationship between Al Qaeda and the Taliban prior
to October 2001. Google is your friend.

Who's not paying attention?

The Taliban offered to turn Bin Laden over to a third party for trial. We could
have taken them up on it and he would have been tried and probably convicted.
But the U.S. wouldn't trust their allies to do the job, so he's still
threatening us. Instead, we invaded a country that has defeated every invader
it's ever had.

You might also take a look at the history of the U.S. and Bin Laden. After all,
we did finance his rise to power.