Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default I told you so: Taliban winning in Afghanistan

Jim Yanik wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote in
:

In article , David
Nebenzahl wrote:
On 8/10/2009 12:52 PM Doug Miller spake thus:

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

The Taliban have gained the upper hand in Afghanistan, the top
American commander there said, forcing the U.S. to change its
strategy in the eight-year-old conflict by increasing the number
of troops in heavily populated areas like the volatile southern
city of Kandahar, the insurgency's spiritual home.

Well, what do you expect? The previous administration took its eye
off the ball, and started mucking about in Iraq when they should
have been tending to business in Afghanistan. The Taliban have the
upper hand there now, because we *allowed* them to.

I don't disagree with you, only to say that we have as much business
being in Afghanistan as we did in Iraq (which is to say, for the
reading-between-the-lines-impaired, none).

Were you paying attention to the news on 11 September 2001?

He certainly did not pay attention to President Bush stating WHY we
invaded Iraq.It wasn't all about WMDs.

No. It was one thing after another. Each time one was proven to be nonsense, he
made up another.