Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Jim Big Jim is offline

Default Ridiculous FHA rules

A homeowner is generally not required to make any repairs except those
necessary to obtain a C.O (if required). I doubt the seller signed a
contract putting them at the mercy of a lender. Their lawyer would
have seen that during attorney review and killed the deal ASAP. If I
were the homeowner, my lawyer would be earning his pay and I certainly
wouldnt get jerked around by what seems to be a fishy sounding
inspection process. I'd make no unnecessary repairs. If you were a
sucker and got jerked around too bad for you. Most of us with savvy
don't get taken by anyone even the gov't. If the lender refused to
mak the loan the deal would be dead.

On Aug 11, 11:14*am, "Oscar" wrote:

You're absolutely wrong when talking about FHA. The homeowner signs a
contract, to sell FHA/VA. Obviously you've never been there. A lawyer can't
modify a contract already entered into, good luck with that one. Been
there, done that.

The more I read your response, the more you show you have no clue. On FHA
there can not be a specific list for repairs. Been there, done that. Do you
not realize the Homeowner already entered into the contract?

Put pressure on the lender? Do you even know what a FHA/VA loan is? Again,
good luck with that one.