Posted to alt.home.repair
Ulysses Ulysses is offline

Default Pulsing lawn mower

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
On Aug 9, 5:26 pm, "Calab" wrote:
Howdy!

I just received a three year old B&S 3.5 horsepower mower from a friend.
Currently, it starts easy but starts pulsing once it's been running for a
few minutes.

I've been told that the mower ran fine until it was tipped onto it's side

be cleaned out.

What I've done so far...
- cleaned the sponge air filter
- drained the gas and filled with new
- sprayed the carb with carb cleaner
- checked oil levels
- ensured that the throttle moves freely

The only thing that I can think of is that it's internal to the carb, or
that the springs on the carb are not in their correct location.

Photo's of the carb and linkage.

http://members.shaw.ca/linkto/temp/carb1.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/linkto/temp/carb2.jpg

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I took another look and I think the little silver spring is installed
wrong. I believe it should be attched loosely in the big loop on the
throtle linkage.

Jimmie

If it's what I *think* it is it should have only the slightest tension when
the engine is stopped. Is it a very weak spring about 2 inches long (or
so)?