Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar Oscar is offline

Default Ridiculous FHA rules

"Big Jim" wrote in message
You're never "at the mercy" of a buyer unless you are desperate.
Every buyer has a laundry list of things they want. Usually you agree
to fix some and the lets the others slide. House is sold everyone is
happy. I would have my lawyer contact the buyers with an official
letter demanding they secure a ortgage and set a closing date or the
deal is over. Add the fact that there was no specific repair list and
"inspector"s admissission of lack of expertise. The buyer will get
another mortgage if they really want the house. or they will put
pressure on the lender to get to the bottom of it.

You're absolutely wrong when talking about FHA. The homeowner signs a
contract, to sell FHA/VA. Obviously you've never been there. A lawyer can't
modify a contract already entered into, good luck with that one. Been
there, done that.

The more I read your response, the more you show you have no clue. On FHA
there can not be a specific list for repairs. Been there, done that. Do you
not realize the Homeowner already entered into the contract?

Put pressure on the lender? Do you even know what a FHA/VA loan is? Again,
good luck with that one.