Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Cable Splitter questions for my internet and tv

On Aug 11, 8:03*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
vvilliamm wrote:
Which one of these Cable Splitters are better? for my internet and tv?
I recently got Roadrunner cable and i want to use an splitter on the
coax cable
so it will make it one for my router and one for my tv.
having higher DB better or worse? here i have two different splitters

Monster Cable 2-Way MKII RF Splitter
Low-Loss output
5mhz-1ghz 3.5db
1-2ghz 4.9db

PREMIUM 2 way Splitter F type Screw - 5~2400 MHz (for Video VCR Cable
TV antenna)

Frequency Range (MHz)
5~47 47~950 950~2150 2150~2400
Insertion Loss In Out
4.5 dB 6.0 dB 6.8 dB 7.0 dB
Isolation Out - Out 8 dB 18 dB 18 dB 18 dB
Return Loss In 8 dB 8 dB 8 dB 8 dB
Return Loss Out 8 dB 8 dB 8 dB 8 dB

Get the cheapest one you can find (i.e., maybe 98¢) and give it a try. I
think you'll be satisfied.

I've got two TVs hooked up to our cable and these TVs have to meander
through about three (cheap) splitters each. Download speeds vary between
5Mbs and 10Mbs.

If you try a cheap splitter and your TV's fuzzy, missing channels, whatever,
or your computer acts flakey, well, you can try the recommended splitter
(certainly not the Monster Cable brand).- Hide quoted text -

"If you try a cheap splitter and your TV's fuzzy..."

My solution to fuzzy TV's on the second floor was to run a single
cable from the splitter in the basement to an amplifier in the attic
and then split the amp's output to the 3 bedroom TV's.

It's just basic cable in the bedrooms, so I don't need bi-directional
components.