Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] is offline

Default Newsgroup death spiral

"Arfa Daily" writes:

"Mark Zacharias" wrote in message
I used to spend a lot of time perusing the likes of sci.electronics.repair,
rec.audio.tech, etc but anymore it seems just about everyone has left the
room for good, except the spammers of course...

Any good electronics repair forums you guys like?

(those of you still around here that is...)

Mark Z.

Don't leave this one Mark. Your input and experience on hifi service is much
valued, not only by the amateurs I suspect, but the rest of us who are also
involved professionally at the sharp end of this sort of service work.
Overall, I still think that this group is one of the better ones, with some
very good people experienced in a wide range of electronic, electrical, and
electro-mechanical disciplines, still contributing.

People always come and go, and sometimes disappear for months on end before
coming back. Activity always drops a bit in the summer months, as people
have grass to cut, and barbecues to have ... :-)

Agreed.

Forums with fancy fluffy graphics come and go and only serve to fragment
the cummunity. I don't think there is no single one that has the same
extebt if experience as the S.E. newsgroups. There are only so many hours
int he day and to start reading and posting to multiple forums is simply
a poor use of limited resources.

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/