Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bob Crawford Bob Crawford is offline

Default Let's Try Again - Join The Movement Movement? For Free?

Yes! I have considered that, and more. For instance...

for a piece, say 6" in diameter, building an 8"x8" square (or round)
pedestal, perhaps 4-6 inches in height (black lacquer would be my choice of
finish here). Flush into the top of this would be a 6-7 inch turntable with
the top made of opaque white plastic. Below this would be a small (7 watt
or so?) light. One of the new CF bulbs would be great, good output w/little
heat. I've had this idea in my head for a few months now. It will get done
this year, I hope!

Bob

"charlieb" wrote in message
Bob:

As usual, there's always more than one way to skin a cat. Your line,
inside and out encourages that the viewer add the movement to get the
line movement effect.
How about putting the piece on a slowly rotating turntable - battery
powered so
no power cord or outlet required?