Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking,alt.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Best way to cut vertical slots through round posts?

These guys are staring to sound like the offspring of Narm Abrams and
Rube Goldberg. This is a fence we're talking about, not shaker
furniture. :-)

All you need is a guy proficient with a chainsaw. I don't mean a
neighbor with a rusty saw who uses it once a year. I mean a guy who
earns a living with it (or used to). You're up north, so you might be
able to hire a logger or tree trimming guy who's an artist with the saw.

That kind of guy could cut those after the posts are sunk in the ground.
He could do three slots in a post in about 30 seconds and they'd be as
straight as if they were cut at a factory.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--