Posted to uk.d-i-y
airsmoothed airsmoothed is offline

Default modifying a bathroom extraction fan to have a separate pull cord.

On Aug 11, 2:02*pm, "Toby" wrote:
"Ian White" wrote in message

Andy Dingley wrote:

My pull-switch makes more of a "Twang! Clunk!" than the fan does.

Any recommendations for low-force, quiet ceiling pull switches?

(Previous applicants, Screwfix and TLC, need not re-apply.)

--
Ian White

http://www.lightingstyles.co.uk/Dimp..._cord_dimmer(1...

TLC Also sell them.

Funnily enough I've been having problems with a noisy extractor fan
( also in parallel with my bathroom light switch) - problems are due
to the cowboy installer not the fan itself. Versions with proximity or
humidity sensors are also available, the manufacturer is Manrose -
customer service is excellent, email answered within a couple of
hours, new part sent to me for free; the likes of TLC stock them.