Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamme0[_2_] spamme0[_2_] is offline

Default Li Ion replacement

snip

I've a friend who will make me a little welder but I
would have to fetch it from him (out of state) -- its
just not worth the effort for something I do so rarely!

I'd like to hear more about the welder design.

I messed around with low-voltage transformers, but never
got consistent welds. Was VERY sensitive to contact
resistance. About half the welds didn't stick.
The other half blew thru the tab.

Gave all that up when a CD welder
showed up on ebay for $15. It'll put 7000Amps into a milliohm.
Get MUCH more consistent tab welds.

If you have a chance to get an affordable tab welder,
you'll find other uses for it. And you'll have a lot of new
friends in need of tab welding ;-)

mike