Posted to alt.home.repair
rile[_2_] rile[_2_] is offline

Default Ridiculous FHA rules

On Aug 10, 11:03*pm, "benick" wrote:
"rile" wrote in message

We are selling a house to a buyer using an FHA mortgage. *There is a
rule, because of lead paint, that any house built before 1978 cannot
have any "peeling, checking or flaking paint". *The property has no
lead paint....all buildings have been repainted since the late 80's.
An inspector came out, rejected it for that reason. *My son and I
scraped, power washed, scraped again, and painted. *They guy has come
back two more times and still rejected it. All he does is walk around,
take pictures and make a recommendation. *He doesn't touch the paint,
scrape it or anything. *All of the paint is tight. *The worst is, the
buyers don't want us to do the painting...they want to repaint it a
different color.
Any ideas....we are at the ends of our wits.

Don't sell to a buyer with FHA/VA financing or do as the guy told you the
WAY he told you to do it.....There is no other ways....

The guy told us nothing. He just took pictures and put them in a
report. He didn't even show us where the problem areas were located.
It is typical wood siding where the sun hits it all the time. In
fact, on his last inspection after doing everything we could see, he
specified he wanted nobody at the premises when he was there. At $75
a pop, he must need some money on his boat payment of something.