Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I told you so: Taliban winning in Afghanistan

On 8/10/2009 5:46 PM Doug Miller spake thus:

In article , David
Nebenzahl wrote:

On 8/10/2009 3:36 PM Doug Miller spake thus:

In article , David

Nebenzahl wrote:

I don't disagree with you, only to say that we have as much
business being in Afghanistan as we did in Iraq (which is to say,
for the reading-between-the-lines-impaired, none).

Were you paying attention to the news on 11 September 2001?

Gee, and all this time I thought we were attacked by some people
from something called al Qaeda, not by the Taliban. When did the
Taliban attack us?

Clearly you were *not* paying attention. Come back after you've
educated yourself on the relationship between Al Qaeda and the
Taliban prior to October 2001. Google is your friend.

Look bub, don't play cutesy with me. Of course I know what that
relationship was.

The fact remains that the Taliban never did a thing to us. They hosted
al Quaeda in Afghanistan, true. But it was their guests, not them, that
launched the 9/11 attacks on us. So how do you figure that this gives us
the right to go after *them*?

By the way, just to head it off, I am no fan of the Taliban, who are
backwards religious fascists so far as I can tell. But that still gives
us no license to attack them and the country in which they are embedded.