Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] IlBeBauck@gmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default Just a heads up ; Lowes carrys a Water Mister which DOES work forspot evaporative cooling and other applications.

Had my car worked on at a local Auto Repair place, and they had a very
long string of these Water Misting lines/nozzles spraying a very fine
mist. The Supervisor said it reduces the temp in the work Bays by
10-15 F. on average...and this is in Florida ! In the Southwest, im
sure it would be even better. Anyway, I checked out Lowes and they
have them in sizes of 1/4" and 3/8" o.d. You simply select where on
the tubing you want the small nozzles to go then attach the tubing to
your garden water spiggot (3/4" connector provided with the
package) .

In addition to comfort cooling, I could see this working real well on
A/C condensor coils in conjunction with an inline water filter to
filter out sediment so it doesnt come out on the coils. For 10' of
the 1/4" , the package runs $14 and the 3/8" is a few dollars more.
Additional tubing can be hooked on too relatively easily.

Im going to hook up the 1/4" to the sides of my A/C Condensor
coils , with inline water filter, and 24 v. water solenoid valve ...
so it only works when the A/C is actually running. Since im an HVAC
Guy, im going to take before and after pressure readings and amp draw
readings to see how effective it is.