Posted to rec.woodworking
Matt Matt is offline

Default R.I.P Dremel Stylus

I too have found that Dremel lacks a customer service attitude, so I choose
to use a different brand.
I make the assumption that their customer service will continue with any of
the their product releases, so I ignore them. I only buy that brand at
clearance sales where no warranty no service is implied.

Lately, there have been clones sold by Canadian Tire for $10 - corded
variable speed.

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
A couple of years ago I bought one for my wife. I inherited after she lost
interest in the hobby it was for. Now it is dead. Opened it up and it had
two non-standard lithium cells hardwired in. I took it to the battery place
and he declined, saying he was trained in replacing lithium batteries but
the company would not let him do it because of insurance issues. Sounded
like I had brought in an IED.

Dremel would not give a price for replacing the batteries. I would have to
ship it along with the charger to them insured, then wait for the dreaded
phone call telling me where to leave the money in small, unmarked bills.

My other options were to trash it, call the bomb squad or bury it beside
the road at night. Trashed it.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA