Posted to uk.d-i-y
AA[_2_] AA[_2_] is offline

Default Irrigation using speedfit or similar, ideas wanted

On 9 Aug, 19:34, wrote:
I'm thinking of fitting semi-permanent pipework in our greenhouses
(and maybe some other places) with a time switched pump to provide
irrigation. *The pump will use rainwater collected from the roof in a
tank which will be topped up by mains water with a simple ball valve
controlling that. *(it may need to be slightly clever so that the
mains only gets turned on when the tank is, say, only a quarter full).

An additional reason for using a pump is that our mains water pressure
is very high and tends to destroy things which then gets expensive in
lost water. *A system as above will at least limit the rate of loss
considerably.

So, in the greehouses I was thinking of running plastic around the
edges and having some sort of small bore feeds to individual plants,
pots, etc. *Can anyone suggest a practical way to connect small bore
feeds to plastic pipe? *I know there are systems sold for doing this
but my experience with them has been that they're not very robust or
long lasting.

--
Chris Green

http://www.autopot.co.uk/products.php?pid=aquabox

The water inlet in the aquavalve is very fine so some prefiltering
required for rainwater, aquavalve is quite an interesting idea in
itself , demand led but allows complete drying out before refresh,
think principle similar to toilet cistern, gravity fed, no power
required.

Adam