grampa simpson

Default James Krenov and art furniture

Does this mean that all model cars that I built when I was a kid should be
thrown away because they can not be driven??

I feel that if an artist, who in this case happens to be a wood worker,
creates a piece of art, which happens to look like a piece of furniture,
should not be devalued because its does have any functional usefulness for
you or is not your style.

For cryin' out loud, you cant sleep with the Venus de Milo.

Grandpa Simpson

"BUB 209" wrote in message
However, I personally think some of those things he builds has got to be
some of the ugliest stuff I've ever seen.

I posted to the original message defending
Krenov, but
You know what? I admire his skill, but
as time goes by, I kind of agree with
you. Maybe if he designed a bedroom suite...but art is art and furniture

is
furniture at some pont. Furniture is
in art museums partly because it
represents a point in history, but some-
times when I see a Krenov piece I think
of Jimmy Carter!