Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Cable Splitter questions for my internet and tv

On Aug 9, 12:26*pm, (vvilliamm)
wrote:
Which one of these Cable Splitters are better? for my internet and tv?
I recently got Roadrunner cable and i want to use an splitter on the coax
cable
so it will make it one for my router and one for my tv.
having higher DB better or worse? here i have two different splitters

Monster Cable 2-Way MKII RF Splitter
Low-Loss output
5mhz-1ghz 3.5db
1-2ghz 4.9db

PREMIUM 2 way Splitter F type Screw - 5~2400 MHz (for Video VCR Cable TV
antenna)

Frequency Range (MHz)
5~47 47~950 950~2150 2150~2400
Insertion Loss In Out
4.5 dB 6.0 dB 6.8 dB 7.0 dB
Isolation Out - Out 8 dB 18 dB 18 dB 18 dB
Return Loss In 8 dB 8 dB 8 dB 8 dB
Return Loss Out 8 dB 8 dB 8 dB 8 dB

-------------------------------------

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

"i want to use an splitter on the coax cable so it will make it
one for my router and one for my tv. "

Please explain what you are trying to split.

A typical installation splits the incoming cable to the cable box/TV
and the cable modem for internet (and phone if included). The cable
company usually provides a splitter spec-ed for their equipment for
this purpose.

You said you want to split the cable for the TV and the *router*. The
router usually gets connected to the cable modem, not the incoming
cable.