Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Phone cable repair

SteveB wrote:
Dumb ****. The thing has already been fixed by the phone company. I was
just asking about the cost of the repair and if that sounded reasonable.
BTW, it was done to phone company standards, using phone company patch kits,
and by a phone company employee who lives in my own little town, and with
whom I'm friends. He says they charge $900 to fix a 14 line cable, and it's
only splicing wires, then putting a big blob of sealer on the ends. The
standard two or four line is $300.

Sanctimonious dickhead. Yeah, you're an expert on the "right thing" to do,
and have done it in every situation in your life. Guess you don't know ****
about cable repair, but had to add SOME comment. Am I right?

No, not really...

If it were already repaired and you had a bill, what was the point in
even asking? Pay the bill and go on.

As AZ says, I'd really expect the operator to foot the bill unless (a)
you directed him where to dig and/or (b) did call the general
cable-locator number before digging...

I can't say as I've _always_ done "the right thing" of course but I
surely wouldn't have any problem in a situation such as this and as a
general practice I find the times I have failed have tended to have
decreased markedly as matured...

Anyway, nice to have such a _pleasant_ conversation...