Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] onetap1@googlemail.com is offline

Default Public Toilets - Press down taps

On 9 Aug, 22:16, "John" wrote:

What is required to make the delay action work? (I want to challenge my
local pub landlord to fix his)

Timed-flow taps, the delay is controlled by a viscous damper type
thing, I think. Look at the manufacturer's (Armitage Shanks?)
instructions.
It greatly ****es me off that the premises owners can't be arssed to
get the adjuster screw turned; it isn't difficult. They're probably
equally lax with the hand-washing provision for their catering staff
handling your food.

Infra-red are superb when they work properly. The cost & UK-standard
vandalism/theft are probably the deterrents against their widespread
use.

On 10 Aug,
Mike Barnes wrote:

I never use warm air dryers. They just blow the bugs back onto your hands. I
just drip dry mine if nothing hygenic is available, they dry quite quickly
due to body heat.

ISTR there was a press campaign a few years back stressing research
that showed hot air dryers were less hygenic. It turned out the
research had been sponsored by manufacturers of paper towels.