McQualude

Default Wood Question: Which is stronger, a round post or square post?

(Fred the Red Shirt) said:

I found this question in another group (misc.rural)...
Which is stronger, a round post or square post? Assume the
posts are both made from the same wood and are both equivalent
in width.

Answering a different question, here but:

If you start with a tree trunk which is typically what you start
with for a fence post, it will be stronger if you leave it round
than if you square it up.

No, that is the question. I gave the same answer you gave, but not
quite as clearly perhaps. I was hoping that someone would be able to
support it, because I have no proof and I don't think math will
answer this question.
--
McQualude