Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cordless drill

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 05:14:08 -0500, wrote:

I'm also looking for a cordless drill which I can use as a screwdriver
(or a cordless screwdriver).

Personally I find "L" shaped drill/drivers awkward to use. I much
prefer a straight one but they appear to be getting as common as hens
teeth these days.

Drill/drivers are less controlable than a decently geared driver,
particulary if you need any torque. To get the torque you have to
give it lots of welly from the trigger which either drives the thing
in too fast once the stiction is over come or generates far more
damage if the bit disengages from the screw. An nicly geared
relatively slow driver has plenty of torque at a sensible speed.

--
Cheers
Dave.