Posted to uk.d-i-y
larkim larkim is offline

Default Cordless drill

On Aug 10, 11:14*am, wrote:
I'm also looking for a cordless drill which I can use as a screwdriver (or
a cordless screwdriver). Up until now, I've been using a cheapo Woolies
cordless drill as a screwdriver which, although useful, isn't a lot of use
for anything the slightest bit heavy. The battery also doesn't last long.

I need to have another look at the Screwfix catalogue to see what's
available.

I expect to be doing a reasonable amount of work with it as I go around
the house (flatpack assembly, shelves, you name it).

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Roger

I bought a Makita 12v cordless set with 3 batteries from Axminster
just over 1.5 years ago. Reasonably expensive but well worth it.
This set from Screwfix looks to me to be a complete bargain -
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/38686?ts=14567#

I built a deck requiring in excess of 800 screws and never had to wait
for batteries to charge or run out took quickly. There was enough
power in the 12v drill to drill through 4 inches of pine (probably
done the motor no favours, but it worked!) and its always been tough
enough to screw in or out any stubborn screw I've come across. Best
tool I ever bought.

I would add, pair any decent drill-driver up with a supply of good
quality bits, and match the pozi's to the pozi's, the phillips to the
phillips, and you won't go far wrong!

Matt