Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Cordless drill

On 10 Aug, 12:50, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
* wrote:

I'm also looking for a cordless drill which I can use as a screwdriver
(or a cordless screwdriver). Up until now, I've been using a cheapo
Woolies cordless drill as a screwdriver which, although useful, isn't a
lot of use for anything the slightest bit heavy. The battery also
doesn't last long.
I need to have another look at the Screwfix catalogue to see what's
available.
I expect to be doing a reasonable amount of work with it as I go around
the house (flatpack assembly, shelves, you name it).

Any cordless drill will be ok for screwdriving. Your one must be a fairly
useless drill too if it can't drive in reasonable sized screws - although
it might just be a knackered battery.

*For serious screw driving an impact driver is best. They take the hex
bits directly - no chuck involved. But they are more expensive and need
special drill bits to use as a drill.

*The little Makita TD020D is a superb impact type which punches well above
its weight and is small enough to fit into gaps an ordinary screwdriver
would - but where a normal cordless drill is too big. Other beauty with an
impact type is it doesn't tug at your wrist. It's also less likely to jump
out of the screw slot etc. So brilliant for use on painted over slotted
ones.

--
*There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works *

* * Dave Plowman * * * * * * * * London SW
* * * * * * * * * To e-mail, change noise into sound.

We have a Bosch one, it's good but the battery life is crap