Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Public Toilets - Press down taps

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
In uk.d-i-y, Owain wrote:
On 9 Aug, 22:50, Bob Minchin wrote:
Infra red detector ones are best. They only switch on when a hand

They have them in my local shopping centre loos. I seem to have
invisible hands though

I find the taps OK but the hand detectors used in hot-air dryers are
something else. It's apparently beyond the wit of man to design a
detector that actually works properly.

--
Mike Barnes

Infrared ones will require someone to be instructed to go and change the
batteries - but by then people will have got so annoyed at not getting any
water that the taps will probably have been thumped and broken.
Probably a contractor will have to be given a requisition to change all the
batteries this will be beyond the authorisation limit of the person who
knows what needs doing. Of course a risk assessment will be needed - and a
shop fitter will be needed to open up the panels under the sinks to access
the batteries.