Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Cesspool

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 17:32:37 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Anyone got a ballpark figure for the cost of having a cesspool pumped
out?

If you really mean a cesspool it must be pretty big if you don't have
it done every few weeks.

Strictly speaking it is a cesspool (probably 4 x 5 x 8' brick built
chamber in the ground) which also has an outlet. The outlet then runs
off our property an apparently into the next door farm's Klargester. So
its main purpose in life seems to be to accumulate sludge, and allow
some decomposition to occur. Previous owners apparently only rarely had
it emptied, but I have a feeling with more of us living here it out to
be done more regularly. I shall have to go have a prod with a drain rod
and see what the sludge level is.

--
Cheers,

John.