Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Starling Dave Starling is offline

Default Overheating Henry Vacuum Cleaner

On Aug 9, 9:45*pm, "R" wrote:
Today Henry # 1 stopped working. *It was running very hot and under load
and
I assume some kind of thermal cut out "cut out". * Went back 30 minutes
later and it worked fine.

Interestingly I too have two Henry machines. I rescued one from being
dropped off at the local tip before the workers there spied it :-)
Anyway, it works ok but suffers from the overheating that OP mentions.
Its hardly worth having it repaired by a shop since they'll charge at
least £40 and this is uk.diy!
I'm interested that R suggests soaking the bottom part of the machine
to loosen dirt, but don't feel quite willing to risk it. If i start
removing screws from the case, can I get to the same part so I can see
what is being immersed?

Dave.