Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Cable Splitter questions for my internet and tv

"vvilliamm" wrote in message
m...
Which one of these Cable Splitters are better? for my internet and tv?
I recently got Roadrunner cable and i want to use an splitter on the coax
cable
so it will make it one for my router and one for my tv.
having higher DB better or worse? here i have two different splitters

The lower the DB number the beter the splitter. That is a number that
relates to loss. It is a log type scale. One db is about 25% loss. Three
DB is about 50% loss. Ten DB is 90% loss.

The best splitter would have a 3 db loss. This is not obtainable in
practice. 3.5 to 5 depending on frequency would be ok. Anything more than
5 db would be a poorer quality splitter.

As with anything , the advertising does not always mean you will get it.