Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default How to kill those "Klunkers"

In article ,
Douglas Johnson wrote:

wrote:

Some of your portfolio should be in gold, ammo and MREs

Gold is useful only if there is a functioning economy that considers gold
valuable.

And only if you have it in your hot little hands when The End Comes.
I have never understood how gold held by dealer is going to do you any
good if the reason the dealer is selling it (econ collapse) comes about.

Ammo and MREs are useful to tide you over until you get your first crop in.
But
to do that, you also need farming tools, seed, arable land, and farming
skills.

Just break into your nearest hardware and you will get everything
you need for a personal plot. Since, if The End Comes parks, great
expanses of green around building, etc. will suddenly become available,
I think the land part is largely a non-issue.. outside of the deserts of
course.

--
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought
of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.