Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Henry Mike Henry is offline

Default Thank you Mike Henry (Hangsterfer soluble oil)

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message
snip

My coolant pumps have the standard hemisphere screens, so they don't
catch the fines, which will most likely accumulate as sludge at the
bottom of the tank. I have used cheese cloth to catch fines, but I
don't know if it's worth the trouble. I suppose that one mucks the
coolant tank out once a year to remove the sludge.

Looks like you've thought it all out so replacing it once a year seems to be
a good choice.

The biggest problem I have with old coolant is way oil floating on the
surface in the tank and getting dispersed into the pumped coolant. That was
the reason for my last coolant changeout. I've since installed a belt
skimmer but am not sure it is doing as good a job as hoped for.

Mike