Phisherman

Default Any tools still made in the USA?

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:12:30 GMT, Brian Henderson
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 04:33:06 GMT, "
" wrote:

I too have been to China to visit manufacturing facilities. The workers
I have talked to are earning 30 cents an hour. Even if our minimum wage
was only $3.00 an hour, they would still be earning only %10 of an
American wage earner of minimum wage. So I don't know if the minimum
wage is the ONLY reason. Maybe the lack of an OSHA counterpart, and
healthcare are contributing.

The cost of living is much, much lower in China. It just doesn't cost
nearly as much to live there as it does here, that's why they can
afford to live on a much lower wage.

Maybe instead of complaining about how little they get paid there, we
should be more worried about why it costs so much to live here?

We just spent 87 billion dollars of our tax dollars on nothing.