Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Duncan Hoyle[_2_] Duncan Hoyle[_2_] is offline

Default Making a diabolo

Tom Dougall wrote:
My granddaughter wants me to make her a diabolo. I didn't even know what
it looked like but she described it as two cones joined at the apex, Can
anyone point me in the right direction to a site where I can download plans
for this toy?

Tom

No particular plans, but you can see a fairly basic one at
http://www.toyday.co.uk/shop/wooden-.../prod_526.html or
http://www.toypost.co.uk/product.php?productid=119

Traditional Chinese ones are slightly different -
http://student.vfs.com/~qtvr/yoyo/library/iyoyo.htm

Choose a wood that's uniformly dense or you'll have trouble balancing
the weight. Also don't make the axle too thin as they tend to get
dropped a lot.

Duncan