Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default Smart Car

wrote:
On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 18:23:52 -0800, "John R. Carroll"

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 14:50:08 -0800, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
I saw a 'smart car' last week. It looked like a death trap and
the three wheel nuts thing
confirmed it.

1. We have 'em by the dozen here in NE NJ. The shock of seeing
them has worn off for me. Now, they're just little
go-carts-galore.

2. When I put a new gas tank on my six cylinder Honda Valkyrie
motorcycle a few months ago, I played with the idea of putting a
Smart Car emblem on there instead of the stock Valkyrie emblem.
Didn't do it, but hey... I thought it was funny.

They apparently toss the things in the canals as a drinking game
in Amsterdam.
I thought this was a joke when I first heard it but apparently
not.

I'm starting to see them here in LA which means there must be a
bunch of them on the road.

They breed, given a favorable climate and enough food. Then they
form herds. Soon, they will begin to mutate. The fear is they will
eventually become immune to antibiotics.

LOL
What I find extremely humorous is a guy with a motorcycle calling
anything "a death trap ".

Yeah, those motorcycle riders are dangerous!

Only to themselves and their families as a rule.
They are hard on deer as well.

Ah, yer one of those guys. Hate to tell ya, but yer "rule" is based
on a flawed premise. Let me guess, you *used* to ride, yes?

Used to and still do.

Everytime I see one the
guy is talking on a cell phone, or eating lunch, or reading a paper,
or texting, or putting on make-up, or changing the lumbar support,
or talking to the passenger.

Does stupid come natural to you, or are you taking a night class?

Neither, since I don't do any of that stuff.

And what "stuff" would you be refering to.

The stuff that you mentioned.

I'd submit you use a cell
phone whilst driving, as well as eating and all of th' other
distracting bull**** 4 wheelers do behind th' wheel. Now you ****ers
are texting while driving, which I heard is more dangerous than
drinking and driving. Oh joy, oh rapture.

Well, you can submit anything you want but I still don't.
I do, however, smoke.

I have, on the other hand, had cross traffic look directly at me -
wait, and then pull out.
Not while I was driving a car, of course.

Thanks for making my point. Or are you inferring that your
murdersickle made th' car driver want to kill you?

People frequently don't see motorcycles. I't a brain thing so you wouldn't
understand.
When you look around you tend to see the things you expect and your brain
sort of filters out anything you don't.
Has nothing to do with the rider.

--
John R. Carroll