Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default how it used to be done

Production or professional turners are faster than all get out.
They always use the tip over the hole onto a screw in the head.

I mentioned I have Richard Raffan's tape - Turning Wood and his book.
Either is worth it to have. Methodology of this and that.

He would get a catch - take another and in seconds be turning the next.

He likes to turn wet green. It gets you wet - but turns nicely.

Martin

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article , Bill Noble
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z_Ph6nZfGE

Running cmmentary...

The piece he puts on the lathe ain't the piece he's cut with the band
saw...

And why is he sanding it when it's still out of round?

AHA! The frst piece's use is revealed! He fits it with the lathe
running!

A nice video of great turning. Any guesses on RPM on that lathe?