Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default OT- Government Attack on Free Speech

"Stuart Wheaton" wrote in message

snipped
RogerN wrote:
New Attack on Free Speech

A very troubling development in Washington - a new attack on the free
speech of Americans from the Obama Administration.

Yesterday, Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) wrote to President Obama expressing
his concerns about a recent post on the White House blog written by Macon
Phillips, the White House Director of New Media.

In his post, Phillips notes "[t]here is a lot of disinformation about
health insurance reform out there" both on the web and floating around in
chain emails. Phillips states that "[s]ince we can't keep track of all
of them here at the White House, we're asking for your help. If you get
an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that
seems fishy, send it to ."

So, when you get the nutcase rants about how Obama's plan (there is none,
there are a few bills still in the house and senate) will require
euthanising your grandma, and demanding you send it to every one who you
know, so we can stop this bad bill, that you just forward it to the White
House too. What is wrong with that, if somebody sends me something that
says do not forward to people who can think for themselves, and want to
see reform, they have already screwed up, If you send stuff out, I have
every right to send it to anyone I choose, if it isn't truthful, maybe you
shouldn't be forwarding it...

To correct the lies they are spreading?

Congress hasn't made any laws, so we are safe! If congress made a law and
said that the PEOPLE could not tell their government about lies being
spread and dis-information being engaged in, then there would be a
constitutional problem.

No stifling, just hearing what is being said so you can correct the lies.

Lies are not protected speech, under oath they are called perjury.

Hey everybody, Roger got his panties in a wad over abortion again! Who
would have thought it could happen....

So Roger how did those 6 years of complete Republican control work out for
you? Have you figured out that to them you are a patsy and reliable
source of funds, and they will never kill the golden goose?

Stuart, that was the poorest justification for your heroes collecting
information on dissidents I could imagine. You use the word "Lies" like you
have access to the "Truth". Your "truth" as dictated by your party holds
little confidence, even among reasonable Democrats. If this was the
Republicans collecting information about the left, you would be screaming
bloody murder. You need to stop drinking the Kool-Aid, you are blinded to
the implications. And then to attack Roger? Then justify your party's
actions with references to Republican mistakes? You look foolish