Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Painting Bedroom Closets

"Tony Sivori" wrote in message
news
Modest ranch home built in the mid 1950's, so we're talking about small
unlighted closets.

I can't decide whether to paint the closet walls the same color as the
room, or should I paint the closet white?

I'm leaning toward painting the closet the same color as the room it
serves, as it will look more finished and perhaps imply better
workmanship. But all white walls would have the advantage of a possibly
better lighted closet interior.

Is one of the two choices generally accepted as the right way to do it?

Can go either way, but white would be my choice. Closets get little dirt or
wear so if white, it will always look OK to the rest of the room if you
decide to repaint in a few years. You can skip closets at that time.