Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Smart Car

SteveB wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ter.com...

wrote:

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 14:50:08 -0800, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
I saw a 'smart car' last week. It looked like a death trap and the
three wheel nuts thing
confirmed it.

1. We have 'em by the dozen here in NE NJ. The shock of seeing them
has worn off for me. Now, they're just little go-carts-galore.

2. When I put a new gas tank on my six cylinder Honda Valkyrie
motorcycle a few months ago, I played with the idea of putting a
Smart Car emblem on there instead of the stock Valkyrie emblem.
Didn't do it, but hey... I thought it was funny.

They apparently toss the things in the canals as a drinking game in
Amsterdam.
I thought this was a joke when I first heard it but apparently not.

I'm starting to see them here in LA which means there must be a
bunch of them on the road.

They breed, given a favorable climate and enough food. Then they form
herds. Soon, they will begin to mutate. The fear is they will
eventually become immune to antibiotics.

LOL
What I find extremely humorous is a guy with a motorcycle calling
anything
"a death trap ".

Yeah, those motorcycle riders are dangerous! Everytime I see one the
guy is talking on a cell phone, or eating lunch, or reading a paper,
or texting, or putting on make-up, or changing the lumbar support, or
talking to the passenger.

Does stupid come natural to you, or are you taking a night class?

Snarl

I once observed a guy on a motorcycle behind me take his helmet off, put
it in his lap, take his shirt off and then put his helmet back on
(summer time). This sounds simple enough, however were were traveling
about 40 mph down a slight hill at the time.

Saw a guy today doing 75 on a nicely modified Harley (with copper tank).
Took both hands off the bars and swung them back and forth over his chest
several times. But no big deal, I've ridden motorcycles before, and so long
as you're balanced, you got two big gyros keeping you straight.

Yes, however when your hands are occupied removing your shirt and your
visibility is also compromised, what exactly do you do when traffic
suddenly slows or stops? Gyroscopic stabilization only works if you can
keep going straight.