Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_10_] SteveB[_10_] is offline

Default Smart Car

What I find extremely humorous is a guy with a motorcycle calling
anything "a death trap ".

Thrown clear vs. compacted... Some survival chance vs. coffin...

Never seen an LA Freeway, apparently.
"Thrown clear" equals "Knocked off and then Run over".

Yesterday, in St. George, Utah, a 52 year old man was traveling north on
I-15. His motorcycle "lost" its rear tire, according to news reports.
(Don't know if the whole thing came off, or he blew a tire.) He dumped the
bike, but not to worry. The DOT had put up steel posts with 1/2" wire rope
just along side the highway. He and motorcycle went into those. Killed
instantly.

The wires are only six to eight feet from the roadway. Right after where he
crashed, they discontinue. I think there may be a lawsuit out of this. I
drove back from Vegas today, and there's just gouge marks starting in the
middle of the left lane, then get all squiggly and head towards the "safety"
fence.

Damn, I'm glad that government keeps us from hurting ourselves or others.
He could have caused all sorts of commotion if he had crashed, and those
wires had not been there.

Poor guy. Ouch. He had to see it coming.

Steve