Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Calif Bill[_2_] Calif Bill[_2_] is offline

Default Smart Car

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
On Aug 7, 8:36 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"rangerssuck" wrote in message

On Aug 7, 4:52 pm, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:

I saw a 'smart car' last week. It looked like a death trap and the
three
wheel nuts thing
confirmed it.

1. We have 'em by the dozen here in NE NJ. The shock of seeing them has
worn off for me. Now, they're just little go-carts-galore.

2. When I put a new gas tank on my six cylinder Honda Valkyrie
motorcycle
few months ago, I played with the idea of putting a Smart Car emblem on
there instead of the stock Valkyrie emblem. Didn't do it, but hey... I
thought it was funny.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Around here (Bergen County, NJ) the Smart Car is carried by the huge
Mercedes dealer. Sort of tells you something about "Smart = Status"
for some folks.

It is built by Mercedes.

OK that explains why the Mercedes dealer sells them. Now explain why
people buy them :-)

Cultist? I can see their use in crowded cities. You see lots in Paris and
some other Large European cities. But you can park head on to the curb
which is a great convenience in areas with almost non existent parking. And
they are city cars. Aquaintance of mine bought one. He loves it, but his
other car is a Model A. But he does not take long road trips. Interior is
large. I am 6'4" and I sat in it without hitting. Would not want to take
a long trip in it. The are not buying for mileage. 40 mpg is not that much
different than larger cars such as the Prius, but a lot cheaper.