Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default DIY Wiki - Broken Links!

Dave Osborne wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

I would suggest that installing a new boiler and keeping a C plan in
place or installing a new boiler and installing a C Plan would not
meet part L.

Installing a C plan in an existing gravity HW system would be good
practice according to the regs. Best practice of course being the
fully pumped set up.

Adam

OK, I see you guys are making a distinction between the basic plumbing
arrangement and the control arrangement, which I wasn't really doing.

I see now that you could have "C-plan water" with more primitive
controls than C-plan and therefore, without changing the boiler or the
pipework system, you could improve an existing system by adding
additional/better/more flexible controls.

You could keep and existing cylinder and boiler, but add a zone valve,
a cylinder stat, new programmer etc, making a gravity only system fully
C Plan, and that would not involve a controlled activity and would hence
be ok.

The phrase "controls" is not limited to just the wiring, but includes
the valves (and hence plumbing), stats, programmers etc as well.

That does kind of make my note on the C-plan water schematic a little
too black-and-white. So, I'm thinking of taking it off the drawing.
Somebody can explain in the accompanying text on the wiki, OK? Volunteers?

Yup, I would go for that...

John wants all the individual pictures redone anyway (they currently

Such a cruel task master; mush mush!

have transparent backgrounds), so I'm going to have to do a partial
reissue either way.

Re file names - its probably better if you drop the Revn bit from the
end since the wiki will track the various versions of the files as they
are updated. It also saves having to change the links in the articles
with each diagram update (although I will need to do them once to dro
the Rev bit ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.