Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Osborne[_2_] Dave Osborne[_2_] is offline

Default DIY Wiki - Broken Links!

ARWadsworth wrote:

I would suggest that installing a new boiler and keeping a C plan in
place or installing a new boiler and installing a C Plan would not meet
part L.

Installing a C plan in an existing gravity HW system would be good
practice according to the regs. Best practice of course being the fully
pumped set up.

Adam

OK, I see you guys are making a distinction between the basic plumbing
arrangement and the control arrangement, which I wasn't really doing.

I see now that you could have "C-plan water" with more primitive
controls than C-plan and therefore, without changing the boiler or the
pipework system, you could improve an existing system by adding
additional/better/more flexible controls.

That does kind of make my note on the C-plan water schematic a little
too black-and-white. So, I'm thinking of taking it off the drawing.
Somebody can explain in the accompanying text on the wiki, OK? Volunteers?

John wants all the individual pictures redone anyway (they currently
have transparent backgrounds), so I'm going to have to do a partial
reissue either way.