Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default DIY Wiki - Broken Links!

John Rumm wrote:

ARWadsworth wrote:

The web archive link works fine here. All those nice drawings are
back. The ones that I and Roger wanted.

You don't want those.... Dave has drawn a much nicer set:

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/docs/SundialPlansRev1.pdf

(just sticking gif versions up on the wiki now, so we can have them
inline in the articles)

Yes, they're pretty good!

I would, however, query the comment which goes with C-Plan about being
completely obsolete and unsuitable for either new systems or refurbishments.
I agree about new systems, but there are still a lot of gravity HW systems
out there which would benefit from being converted to C-Plan - which
requires very little plumbing and delivers considerable efficiency
improvements relative to the status quo. The only downside compared with a
fully pumped system is that when just HW is being heated, the boiler is on
for longer than it otherwise would be - albeit cycling on its stat rather
than firing continuously.

Does anyone have any evidence that this does not meet Part-L, and would thus
presumably be illegal as an upgrade from a 'conventional' gravity HW/pumped
CH system?

I'm still not sure about the way in which Y-Plan's mid-position valve is
depicted. As everyone knows, it has two microswitches and other components
in addition to the motor. I still tend to the view that we should either
show *all* internal connections (as for other types of valve) or *none* (as
per Honeywell's original Y-Plan diagram).
--
Cheers,
Roger