Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sharpening a Forstner bit?

That is a fast and heavy way - I like a cone stone myself.
Use a curve to sharpen a curve.

What I see with the Dremel method - while fast and 'easy' - it can
cut notches and make a wavy line if one isn't perfect in the use.

A stone can be used wrong, but does less in a second to clean up later.

Martin

Tom Veatch wrote:

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/i...=Custom&ID=101

should open a white paper on the subject by Highland Woodworking.

If it doesn't, go to http://www.highlandwoodworking.com
scroll to the bottom of the listing on the left under "More Info" and
click on the link "Woodworking Tips Map".
In the right column near the bottom of the page under "Woodworking
Library", click on the link "Sharpening Forstner Bits"

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA