Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default In ground water pipe?

On Aug 6, 10:09*am, trg-s338 wrote:
Why not MDPE pipe. Easier to lay and less liable to fracture over the years
of settlement?

http://www.pipestock.com/mdpe-pipes-fittings-valves/

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. *I am not familiar with these new
pipe materials but a quick search on your link shows they are a viable
material for my application. *Still slightly unnerved by plastic
handling 65 psi constant and be reliable, especially at the solenoid
controlled master valve it ends in. Any suggestion on this critical
component in 3/4 inch?

I've been using Sch 40 PVC to supply my Sch 40 PVC sprinkler valve
manifold for 29 years (at 65+ psi) ....no problems.

cheers
Bob