Posted to alt.home.repair
clot clot is offline

Default In ground water pipe?

trg-s338 wrote:
Thinking about plumbing a water pipe from the entry source into the
house to my irrigation control station so as to eliminate water flow
noise emanating from my attic copper plumbing when the irrigation is
on. What piping material would be appropriate for direct in-ground
installation that could reliably handle constant water pressure like
the copper piping does in the house. Corrosion over the years to the
piping in contact with soil is also a consideration of mine. I just
guessing but would that eliminate copper from consideration? Would
galvanized pipe be the choice? I would like that piping to be safe to
drink out of also. Any suggestion would be appreciated. The search
for "water pipe" in this forum did not give anything specific to the
in-ground application I am considering. By the way, the soil in my
patch of California is mostly grey clay. Thanks in advance.

Why not MDPE pipe. Easier to lay and less liable to fracture over the years
of settlement?

http://www.pipestock.com/mdpe-pipes-fittings-valves/