Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default for those of you who say land lines are reliable

On Aug 6, 9:14*am, George wrote:
N8N wrote:
On Aug 5, 10:49 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"N8N" wrote in message
this is getting rediculous, Verizon has to have the worst customer
service of any "legitimate" company in the history of this country. *I
mean, I can't imagine anyone else providing such awful service and
staying in business. *Why *don't* more people just cancel their land
lines? *(I know why my parents don't, they live too far out in the
country to get cable. *Otherwise...)
I've been a homeowner for 43 years in a couple of different states. *I
honestly can't think of a singe time I did not have phone service, even in
severe storms when power was out. *Cell reception, OTOH, is very spotty.

I don't doubt your mother's problems, but she is a very tiny minority. *I'm
keeping my land line, and the DSL that is more reliable than my cable
service.

It just seems odd to me that she would be in a "minority" when I've
had the same problem in two different states. *so that's at least
three states in my experience where you can't count on the phone co.

nate

Ed is referring to the idea of statistical sample size. Your
observations (because there are so few) are just statistical noise at
this point.

Then I must be colossally unlucky, having moved at least once a year
for a while and ALWAYS having problems with my POTS. (and usually
getting rude, indifferent service to boot.)

I didn't bother having it turned on the last time I moved and I
haven't yet missed it. Been there for almost three years now.

nate