Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Gasket Cutter Photos

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 17:24:10 GMT, the infamous Jerry Wass
scrawled the following:

Pete Keillor wrote:
I made this little cutter to make the spindle gasket for my Hardinge
TM, which is finally going back together. It uses No. 11 X-acto
blades. I may add a dowel for the slot in the blade, but maybe not.
It worked fine on a cutter mat. The pivot is a hand ground point on a
set screw locked by a second set screw.

http://metalworking.com/dropbox/GasketCutter.txt
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/GasketCutter01.JPG
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/GasketCutter02.JPG

Pete Keillor

WHAT?? No vernier adjustment on the blade protrusion ?? tsk tsk G

He'd likely have put on a micrometer action if he didn't use a micron
visual comparator. G

--
"It was difficult for the three of us to write a book titled _The End
of Prosperity_."

"We're not doom and gloom people; we're natural optimists. And we're not
part of the trendy set of intellectuals who like to trash our nation,
blame America first for all the world's problems, or worst of all,
predict with glee America's downfall as some kind of punishment for our
alleged past environmental crimes, racism, financial mismanagement, greed,
overconsumption, imperialism, or whatever the latest chic attack on the
United States is."
--page one, by Arthur B. Laffer, Stephen Moore, & Peter Tanous