Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default radiator sizes

Stephen wrote:

The ones I had looked at were all double radiators with double fins
and all 500mm high.

The web sites all list output in BTUs, I have divided by 3.413 to
calculate the Watts.

Kudox (at B&Q) 500m x 1400mm has a 7053 BTU (2.07kW) at dt=50
Quinn 500 x 1400 is 7941 BTU (2.33 kW)
Myson 500 x 1400 is 7094 BTU (2.08 kW)

I cannot understand why the Quinn is so much higher than the other
two.

No, nor can I! Would you care to provide URLs for each of the 3 sites?

Whatever you go for, there are some good on-line deals
which are a lot cheaper than anything you'll get at the sheds.

Any offer/merchant you recommend in particular?

The last time I bought a radiator (about a year ago), I got it from
http://www.theheatingshop.co.uk/ They were very competitive at the time.
They took a few days to deliver 'cos they don't hold any stock, but use
local merchants. [I think it was delivered to me by the local branch of
PlumbCenter - but at a much lower price than if I had gone direct to them.]

I've also had a few from Screwfix - but they only do (or did) a limited
range of sizes. ISTR that they didn't do any that were more than 600mm tall,
and I wanted some at 700.
--
Cheers,
Roger