Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_6_] Stephen[_6_] is offline

Default radiator sizes

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 16:46:02 +0100, "Roger Mills"
wrote:

I tend to regard radiators as a
'commodity' purchase - they're all much of a muchness - so unless you're
prepared to pay through the nose for a pretty looking 'designer' jobby, go
for the cheapest.

Thanks. That's what I thought, as I said in an earlier post, the
standard panel; ones all look the same to me.

The ones I had looked at were all double radiators with double fins
and all 500mm high.

The web sites all list output in BTUs, I have divided by 3.413 to
calculate the Watts.

Kudox (at B&Q) 500m x 1400mm has a 7053 BTU (2.07kW) at dt=50
Quinn 500 x 1400 is 7941 BTU (2.33 kW)
Myson 500 x 1400 is 7094 BTU (2.08 kW)

I cannot understand why the Quinn is so much higher than the other
two.

The Biasi from 4 bathrooms is the only one rated at dT=60. At dT=60
the output is 8505, which by my calculations (divide by 1.27) equates
to 6697 BTU (1.96 kW), which seems a little lower than the others.
Why?

Whatever you go for, there are some good on-line deals
which are a lot cheaper than anything you'll get at the sheds.

Any offer/merchant you recommend in particular?

Thanks again.
Stephen.