Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default radiator sizes

Stephen wrote:

I am currently looking at a Quinn Barlo 500x1400 double (2.3kW, 7900
BTU IIRC). Is Quinn barlo a good make? I think it's the least I can
do, since Barlo were kind enough to provide the calculator

I have looked at other makes 500mm high and double width to produce
the same output; one required 500x1600 but another managed with just
500x1300. I am surprised that 160mm in one outputs as much as 1300mm
in another; I would have thought a foot difference in length would
have made a big difference to output.

Would you care to define "double"? Some doubles have *two* sets of fins -
back to back on both panels - (K2 in Stelrad parlance) and some have just
one set (P+) - and it makes quite a difference to the output. Just looking
at a Stelrad data sheet, a 1200 x 450 K2 has a very similar output to a 1600
x 450 P+.

Are you sure that you're comparing apples with apples?
--
Cheers,
Roger